Certificate of Deposit Accounts
If you are interested in a low-risk, predictable investment, then consider a Certificate of Deposit (CD) Account. These accounts have fixed terms, fixed rates, and yield higher interest than standard savings or checking accounts. You will gain interest by keeping your funds in the account for the predetermined period, but be charged a penalty for early withdrawal.
- $1,000 minimum balance to open, with the exception of our 15 month certificate, which requires $5,000.00 to open.
- Interest compounds and pays monthly or at maturity depending on the term
- Interest earned credited back to CD, deposited into MyStateBank checking/savings or receive a check by mail
- Maturity terms vary from 3 months to 5 years
- Early withdrawal of principal subject to penalty
To open a State Bank Northwest Money Market or Certificate of Deposit Account visit your nearest branch.