Location: Spokane Valley Branch
The primary function and objective for this position is to provide direct support to the bank’s lenders in response to commercial, consumer and construction loan requests. This will include performance of significant financial analysis for all types of loans. The position encompasses a wide variety of functions and duties. The Credit Analyst will need to communicate closely with the lenders on a regular basis on the status and priority of functions/duties. The position requires a high degree of organizational skill, a high level of accuracy and the ability to balance priorities amongst the variety of functions and duties.
- Utilize Abrigo financial software to spread and analyze business and personal financial statements and tax returns, and to analyze and explain in written format the findings of trends, ratios and financial strengths and weaknesses, in preparing the initial draft of a credit loan request.
- Must be able to perform in-depth financial analysis of borrowers and guarantors. This includes commentary and narrative on material financial issues and trends, as well as projections requested. Analyzes business financial statements including income statement, balance sheets and cash flow statements. Understands and interprets sources of repayment and analysis of cash flow and debt service requirements
- Must have strong working knowledge of Word, Excel and Outlook, and a good comfort level working on computers.
- Establish, build and maintain imaged credit files.
- Utilize financial tracking tickler system for tracking due dates for term loan reviews and obtaining updated financial information and analysis.
- Pull personal and business credit reports, and UCC11R lien searches.
- Order real estate title searches, review and understand exceptions noted.
- Request bids, prepare engagement letters, order and review commercial and residential real estate appraisals from approved appraisers list
- Order chattel/equipment/ABL appraisals and exams
- Develop solid understanding and knowledge of the bank’s Loan Policy Manual and be able to note any policy exceptions. Reference Loan Policy to confirm compliance with policy.
- Obtain entity documents such as Formation Documents and Certificates of Good Standing.
- Order Environmental Reports from approved list of Environmental Engineers.
- Prepares loan input forms for document requests and loan booking.
- Reviews and prepares loan closing package and documentation following underwriting guidelines and policies.
- Review for covenant compliance and follow-up on interim financial reporting required from borrowers.
- Prepares and monitors construction advances by coordinating inspections, maintaining up-to-date cost spreadsheets and processing advances after approval.
- Works financial tickler tracking reports
- Works with loan officer to complete the Classified Loan Reports (CLRs)
- Reviews daily/monthly loan reports as assigned.
- Completes Floor Checks and Collateral inspections as required
- Manages Renewing, Maturing and term loan review process.
- Knowledge of and willingness to learn relevant compliance requirements. Completes all required training according to annual schedule.
- Explains, promotes or recommends bank products & services.
- Works to build strong relationships with all team members in order to meet our TEAMWORK VALUES.
- Provides EXTRAORDINARY CUSTOMER SERVICE as outlined in our Service Standards.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects Bank Customers and the Bank by keeping information confidential
Currently there are no supervisory requirements.
These specifications are general guidelines based on the minimum experience normally considered essential to the satisfactory performance of this position. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to perform the position in a satisfactory manner. Individual abilities may result in some deviation from these guidelines.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Finance, Accounting or Economics preferred), or equivalent experience, and 3 years’ experience in financial analysis and loan documentation.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as regulations, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to apply common sense to carry out instructions and instruct others, write reports, correspondence and procedures, speak clearly to customers and employees.
The incumbent in this position must be able to accommodate to reading documents or instruments, detailed work, problem solving, reasoning, math, language, presentations, verbal communication, written communication, analytical reasoning, stress, training others, multiple concurrent tasks and constant interruptions. Requires strong accounting and financial analysis skills, knowledge of banking products and loan documentation.
Environment and Physical Activity
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The incumbent for this position may operate any or all of the following: telephone, copy and fax machines, adding machine (calculator), check protector, scanner and image systems, encoder, money counter, credit card terminal, typewriter, computer terminal, laptop computer, personal computer and related printers, or other equipment as directed.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Management reserves the right to change this position description at any time according to business needs.