As the situation with the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic continues to develop within our community, state, country, and throughout the world, I want to let you know our State Bank Northwest Team stands ready and available to support you. Since 1902, the bank has stood with our clients (through good times and bad) because we enjoy a strong relationship. We are grateful for the trust you have in us, and know that you rely on us every day for your financial needs. We will continue to uphold our responsibility to ensure the safe and sound practices which are essential to protecting your assets. It is a responsibility and role that we cherish and we understand that is what makes our community bank unique. During these challenging times, please know that State Bank is open, secure, prepared, and committed to providing safe and reliable access to your financial services.
We have prepared and practiced contingency plans over the years, including Pandemic Flu scenarios. In accordance with our contingency plans, our executive management team has initiated multiple steps to minimize the health risks to our teammates, our clients, and our communities. Nothing is more important than your health and safety, and we also need to protect those who are most vulnerable to becoming infected with coronavirus.
Among the many protections we have instituted, are the following:
- We are following Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommended guidelines regarding coronavirus, COVID-19, safety and are continuing to monitor guidance from other public health officials, along with local market conditions.
- We are enhancing our high standards for the quality and cleanliness of our locations every day, specifically lobbies, front desks, teller windows, check writing stands, door knobs, and restrooms. During this time, we are increasing the frequency of deep cleaning and sanitizing of all branches, ATMs and night depositories as an added precaution.
- We are reminding our team members and customers to take appropriate preventive hygiene methods to minimize the potential risk of infection through in-branch signage and communication. This includes washing hands often for at least 20 seconds; avoiding touching eyes, nose & mouth; and coughing into a tissue or the crook of your elbow.
- We are encouraging our staff to stay home when they feel ill, ensuring every member of our team who faces a crisis can have peace of mind that we will help them get through it. We are following a strict protocol of physical distancing amongst employees and customers, including no handshakes, hugs, and maintaining at least 6 feet of separation. To that end, we ask for your assistance in keeping everyone safe by considering using our banking technology offerings or ATM locations if you are exhibiting any symptoms such as a fever, cough, shortness of breath, or other flu-like symptoms.
- We are using hand sanitizers and disinfectant wipes, particularly in all common areas.
- We are observing a no staff meetings in-person protocol, utilizing technology such as teleconferencing and video web conferencing. This also applies to our Board of Directors meetings. We are cancelling or postponing any scheduled small or large gatherings.
- We are following a ban on all non-essential travel for bank staff and putting in place an appropriate remote work from home plan to avoid contamination and ensure continuity of operations.
State Bank does not presently have any confirmed cases of COVID-19 among our staff or families. As we are constantly monitoring the evolving situation, management will adjust our pandemic plan and procedures to take any additional actions that may be necessary to protect all individuals.
To better serve you during this difficult time, we remind you of the following banking products and services available:
- State Bank Northwest Mobile App/Online Banking/Electronic Funds Transfer
- Mobile Deposit Services
- Remote Deposit Capture for Businesses
- ACH Origination
- Payments System Solutions (i.e. Debit Cards & Credit Cards) – Remember money is dirty!
- Telephone Banking (or better yet – call us and talk to a real, live person)
- Online Bill Payment (We are offering 1 year of waived fees)
- ATM locations at each branch – providing free 24-hours access
- Access to MoneyPass ATM Network – State Bank will waive our out-of-network ATM fee for the next 60 days
- Night Depository Services – we are checking deposits regularly throughout the day during this time
- Non-Sufficient Funds & Overdraft Fees will be waived, within policy parameters, for the next 60 days
If you would like additional information on any of these services, please contact any branch for details and assistance in getting set up. Your account information remains secure and protected and we will never request account or personal information via email, text, or phone call. So, be aware that there are harmful actors out there attempting to take advantage of this situation.
Our team is ready to listen to your unique needs, provide tailored support for your situation, and relay additional information – whether in person, on the telephone, via email, or online. Please feel free to contact us! Our lending team is prepared to work with you on any loan modifications, short-term working capital loans, residential real estate purchase and refis, or new financing needs.
The banking industry has been through many cycles over our 118 year history. State Bank has weathered those storms with you, persevered through recessions and depressions, and never closed a single day. The financial condition of the industry is possibly as healthy as we have ever seen, with capital levels at all-time highs and ample liquidity in the system. State Bank has never been in a better safe and sound condition as we are today – with significant capitalization, excess liquidity, great asset quality, and a strong balance sheet. Your funds are safe with us and we have money to lend to support your financial needs and our local economy.
Just as we are following the CDC’s guidance on staying healthy, we strongly encourage you to remain informed through the Center for Disease Control website (www.CDC.gov), the World Health Organization website (www.who.int), The Washington State Department of Health (www.doh.wa.gov/Emergencies/Coronavirus), other official COVID-19 resources, and our bank website (www.statebanknorthwest.com).
Our intention is to remain operating as close to business as usual with these special steps in place. The situation is very fluid and rapidly changing, so please understand that things are subject to change, including the possibility of providing customers with drive-thru access only. Our thoughts and prayers are with those who are directly affected by this virus and also with those who are working tirelessly to treat and prevent further infection.
Our team members live and work in our community, as friends and neighbors. We will continue our focus on providing banking services consistent with the health and safety of you and our team. Thank you for your trust in State Bank Northwest and thank you for the opportunity to serve you and our community. Please stay safe and healthy!